"Saving Lives, One Memory at a Time"
Do you need assistance with your family tree research? Have you hit a brick wall and unsure what to do next in your Newfoundland and Labrador genealogy project? Are you looking to add colour to your story? Do you need someone to take away the mystery and confusion about research? Find yourself thinking about dead people more than living folks?
My name is Craig Morrissey and I started More You See Genealogy from my passion in conducting genealogical research for the past 20 years and my desire to share this enthusiasm with others! During my time I have experienced the joys and challenges to completing family tree research and would like you to learn from my experience.
What I offer:
- Thorough and exhaustive research to help you with any of your Newfoundland and Labrador family tree questions here and beyond the province!
- Services to write your family history and make it come alive!
- Guidance in teaching the step-by-step process of family tree research in a fun and entertaining program!
- Touch up of old documents, black and white photos and Polaroids (where possible);
- An infectious passion to every project….I treat your family, as my family!
Step-By-Step: What Happens Next?
Step 1: “Can we talk?”
If we have not already done so, let’s chat…phone, e-mail, text, Morse code…whatever works for you! You can share with me your genealogy goals and everything you know about your family thus far. Big and small details…it all helps!
Step 2: “Deep thoughts…”
I take away the details you have provided me and develop a detailed genealogical research plan proposal for your consideration. This document will contain:
- A summary of your overall goal;
- Confirmation of the details you have given me;
- Specific details of how I would approach answering your family tree question(s);
- Listing of resources I will be accessing in the research;
- An estimation of time and costs to do so;
- A reporting schedule so that I can keep you up to date on project developments.
Step 3: “Your serve!”
Upon receipt of the above plan, please take your time and feel free to ask questions. I fully respect your investment in this project and careful consideration to proceed. Upon your approval, I will commence the research.
Step 4: “And we’re off!”
Assuming you have given me the thumbs up, the fun begins! I strictly follow the Genealogical Proof Standard in my work ensuring thorough research with clear rationale for my conclusions and references to resources used. As I proceed during the research you will receive regular updates with snippets of my findings. The big reveal comes when I complete the final report.
Step 5: “Speaking of which…”
Once I reach the maximum time/funding you have approved I will be preparing a detailed report. I strive to ensure that the summary is both informative and entertaining. I like to weave a tale of your ancestors putting them in historical context for the time when they lived in Newfoundland and Labrador.
If I have not answered your family tree question when maximum time/funding has been reached I will contact you to discuss the next steps which could include:
Summary report and close the file;
Summary report and put file on hold until you wish for me to resume research;
Summary report and advise of next steps in research that can be undertaken by yourself or me.
Education and Skills
In addition to my 20+ years involved in this wonderful field here are some of my other credentials:
- Completion of the Professional Learning Certificate in Genealogical Studies from the National Institute of Genealogical Studies;
- Member of the Family History Society of Newfoundland and Labrador:
- Member of the Newfoundland Historical Society;
- Member of the New England Historic Genealogical Society;
- Member of the Association of Professional Genealogists;
- Member of The International Society of Family History Writers and Editors;
- Membership with the Provincial Archives of Newfoundland and Labrador;
- Select Agent Researcher of Newfoundland and Labrador for Gen-Find, Researchers, Inc.
- Exclusive Affiliations with Genealogists Outside Newfoundland and Labrador and Canada to expand your research beyond our borders;
- Experience in conducting historical research and fact checking;
- Publication of article and research in the Greenspond Letter historical journal;
- Membership with and access to various online resources including
What people say?
Craig Morrissey is a professional genealogist and family history expert with extensive research and genealogical experience. His genealogy research involves exploring many different types of records. In addition to parish records and vital statistics he also researches census records, military records, immigration papers, land registries and many more